Our Mission: Donate 10% of all photo proceeds to charitable organizations.




Saturday, October 16, 2010

ghosting effect


I recently came across PhotoNotes.org, which claims to be the most comprehensive photographic glossary online.

Many of Photos That Give's followers, fans, and supporters are burgeoning photographers themselves, and so I thought I'd share this dictionary.

I'd always heard about a "ghosting effect" as it pertains to photography, and so I looked it up on PhotoNotes.

Ghost:

1. Glowing patches of light caused by lens flare.

2. Blurry ghost trails caused by camera motion or subject motion during the exposure.

The picture above comes from "Parkour in NYC Photos: How to Get the Shot" on National Geographic Adventure.

It's a good example of ghosting effect. Read the article to find out how the photographer created this effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment