Our Mission: Donate 10% of all photo proceeds to charitable organizations.




Saturday, November 6, 2010

rockin' the surburbs


Perhaps it's my lack of creativity, but it's hard to shoot in the burbs.

I was determined to get out and shoot today, but didn't feel like hopping on the metro to go downtown (I do that every day for work!) or getting in my car to explore one of my favorite places, downtown Frederick (driving around here sucks).

So, I threw my camera around my neck and walked out the door with no real destination.

I took pictures of train tracks; posters on telephone poles; even our apartment building.

I found myself snapping pictures without emotion.

Some of my best shots came out of very strong emotions, like my Street Dogs series.

Perhaps this is why I'm starting to get antsy about traveling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment