Our Mission: Donate 10% of all photo proceeds to charitable organizations.




Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Dog Days are Over

Donovan is slowing down. He used to drag me on runs, lead me on my mountain bike, and chase deer through the woods with reckless abandon. Sometimes he'd even chase down bicyclists or little children, but that's kind of irrelevant. The point is, Donovan is getting old. Places that were once raven black are now stark white (see above). For the past fews days I've been taking Donnie on a 2.5 mile run, and he just can't make it. He pulls me for about a mile, and then he trails behind the rest of the way, to the point where I'm practically dragging him by the leash. And I don't run fast. I feel bad for the old guy, probably wondering why he can longer do the things he once accomplished so easily. Maybe he's just out of shape from a long winter, or maybe his best days are simply behind him.

No comments:

Post a Comment