Our Mission: Donate 10% of all photo proceeds to charitable organizations.




Sunday, April 17, 2011

Roscoe


James, can I keep your lens? After a week w/ my friend's Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 I've decided I cannot go on in this world without a fast lens. Take this photo of Roscoe, for instance. He is a 7-year-old Wheaten Terrier who still thinks he's a puppy. He poops in the house, he pees on your feet, and he's constantly on the move, making it necessary to use a quick shutter speed to keep him from being a big white blur across the frame. So it was a miracle last night when I actually got him to sit and stay relatively still while I snapped this shot handheld at f/2.8, 1/60th, and ISO 1600 (and Image Stabilization, of course). No light from the outside (it was 9:00pm) and dim light from the kitchen fixture. I never would have been able to capture this at f/3.5 and a slower shutter speed.

Unfortunately, I really can't afford another lens right now, so I ask, I bed, I plead again: James, can I keep your lens? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment